Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mary's Garden: Embellish

Embellish...  hmm... just bought a new "Embellisher" (felting) machine a few weeks before the theme was announced... I wonder what I'll make???

The central image of "Mary's Garden" is made entirely on the felting machine.  Silks, cotton lace and vintage linens were torn, cut and placed over wool batting and needle felted together.  Added scraps of hand dyed papers, paper netting from potato bags, millner's flowers and embroidery were then applied, again, with the embellisher.  I then flipped the piece over and stitched the picture of the dog and girl, using dark blue thread in both my bobbin and top threads.  The resulting piece was then embellished onto a piece of leafy fabric which I had quilted in hot pink, and a few 3-d flowers and butterflies were also applied.

Embellish?  Yes...



Here are a few close-ups...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails