Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Flock of Birds

Several years ago when I started this series of birds, I made them as postcards. Periodically, I would go to the local post office and send off a "flock" of bird cards, as if sending them were some type of performance art. My husband thought I was crazy, but it amused the postal workers! Now that I have been selling these little treasures, the postal frenzy seems far away. However, today, when I delivered a pair of hummingbirds to a local gallery, I was once again reminded of how satisfying it is to see a flock of dissimilar species sharing the same space. They are like fledgelings on the edge of the nest, waiting to launch to the independence of a new perch. If you would like to see them in person, they reside in Killingworth, CT at Fire and Rain, a new and bustling gallery with an amazing array of lovely handcrafted art. Visit their website at http://fireandrainartisans.com/ .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Vivika. Your flock ads so much life to our gallery :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails