Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

Can You Keep a Secret?

Sometimes it is best to work in secret. Writers do, and so do many artists. I usually tend to show my unfinished work to friends and family, and look for input and suggestions. Lately, though, I've been keeping pieces to myself as I let the muse take over and trust that I am going in the right direction. My latest series is a variation on a theme, and only a few trusted souls have seen the beginnings as they blossom. I have been honing my applique skills and doing edgy portrayals of animals in their own unique little worlds. Each is a picture of a pet with their personality shining through somehow. I'm going to keep them to myself for a bit longer, but share just this tiny little corner of one piece which is hot off the sewing machine. "Socks and His Toys" shows a beloved orange tabby cat playing with lizards. One little lizard is trying to escape and is nosing his way onto the binding of the quilt...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails