Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Pay it Forward

Quote of the day:

"One kind word can warm three winter months."  Japanese Proverb
Silent Spring
8 1/2" x 11"



Obviously, the Japanese have not experienced New England winter weather... but I agree.  Pass on a kind word to a friend or stranger and feel the warmth return to you.  Maybe we can all make Spring happen a bit more quickly...

Detail
Silent Spring is a lovely little quilt that guards my front door in winter.  It is made of reclaimed wool from a jacket of mine, and a bit of hand dyed wool I found at a quilt show.  Laura Wasilowski's threads (surprise, surprise) are used to couch the stems and create a fence in the background, and a jumble of beads and baubles form the snow and rock wall.



2 comments:

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Just when I think I know my favorite piece of your work... I see yet another that I adore.

Although my Bailey & Rudy quilt is closest to my heart :-)

Judy Alexander said...

Fun piece! Are you ready for the next storm?

Related Posts with Thumbnails