The time has come to rid my quilt of the phragmite pieces that I made on the first and second days of piecing the top. I don't know what I was thinking! I had wanted to use a prominent motif from the Farmlands quilt, and had some yellow and green "field" fabric in my reject pile. I had made the tops of the phragmites and put reed pieces underneath, and had been quite pleased with the results. Now I am not so sure. This is not supposed to be a representational piece as much as an impression of the marsh and grasses. It is time to edit those out... not with bulldozers and herbicides, but with a simple clip of a scissor.
Cups in the Cupboard * Taking your ball home
4 hours ago