Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Thank You, Laura

I make no excuses for loving hand dyed fabric.  The colors are rich, the textures are unbeatable, and the dyers are wonderful to work with.  The only problem is, I want them all...
Chroma Plate


Thank you, Laura Waslowski of ARTFABRIK for sending a box full of yardage for me to drool over.  I am planning two big (for me) quilts, and needed lots of Blue, which I seem to have loads of, but none is right.  Laura sent the box before Snowmegeddon hit Chicago this week, so it arrived unscathed and earlier than I expected.  I was supposed to take the four pieces out and then share the trunk show with Sisters in Cloth... but what's a girl to do?  I want 12 pieces, not four!

Some quilts over the past two years that have benefited from Laura's fabrics...
Farmlands, Smilow Hospital Commission

Marshview, Smilow Hospital Commission

RI Red, State Bird Series



Chroma Blocks Series

Marjo's Stole

1 comment:

MarveLes Art Studios said...

I just saw your stole on Laura's site... how FABULOUS. What an inspiration, and I think it's one of the most coolest things I've ever seen!!! Thank you for the inspiration, as I seek to design something for my church and you've sparked it for me! Blessings!

Related Posts with Thumbnails