Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Ten Things I Loved About Denmark: Number Eight... Churches

Ok, I have some artwork that I have made in the past few weeks, and now feel that I need to complete my "Ten Things I Loved About Denmark" posts sooner rather than later, so here goes...

Churches, Churches Everywhere!

In Copenhagen, All Souls Church with a winding staircase around the steeple...


In Kolding, the church of my grandmother's youth... complete with a
ship hanging from the ceiling.




In Roskilde, the Cathedral of the Kings...  
Most of the Danish Kings and Queens have been entombed in this cathedral.  It is really quite impressive.  I had to photograph this knight's casket with its beautiful carving...

We saw dozens of beautiful and impressive churches on our visit, but the best were the little white buildings tucked away in a corner of a village in the middle of nowhere.  Sweet, simple, and all well loved and cared for by their communities (and the State...  they are supported by tax dollars).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails