Friday, February 19, 2010
Farmlands Days 13&14: Irrigation
Yesterday and today I finished the quilting on this massive quilt, and this afternoon I tacked it to my (newly enlarged) design wall for blocking. For a quilt this size, this is a necessary step. I made the quilt 101"x46", knowing that such close quilting would shrink the piece considerably. Now as it is stretched flat with about 300 glass head pins onto the wall, it is time to "irrigate". So far I have sprayed it with a liter of water and still think it might take some more before it is soaked through. The pins have been moved twice, and it looks just lovely and very flat, although a bit dark with all of the water absorbed into the fabric. I can't wait to see the finished product on Sunday, bound invisibly and ready to deliver to the client. No pictures today, I am just too tired.