Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Java Jones and Little Man: Barking Cloth Quilt

 
Posted by Picasa
This pet portrait was commissioned as a special birthday gift by a client for his wife. Now there's a man who thinks ahead! He provided me with tons of photos and a detailed description of the dogs' personalities. Java, a sweet Chocolate Lab and her companion Mason, a playful Great Dane, are shown at their favorite beach as they take a break from playing in the surf. I photographed shells and transferred them to fabric for the border, and tried to get the feeling of the dunes and beach grasses with the quilting and beading in the background. I hope the birthday girl enjoys her special gift.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Love that Dane face, Vivika..you've really captured it.

Connie Rose said...

Very cool quilt, Vivika!

Dotty Jane said...

Don't know how you do it, but it's amazing!

Ruth Anne Olson said...

How could she not love it. I do, and they're not my dogs.

Mrs Moen said...

What a thoughtful gift for a dog owner; I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails