Pages

Friday, June 22, 2007

Morning Songs


I miss the sound of chickens. Our neighbors used to have a small flock of birds that they kept for fresh eggs. Occasionally we would hear their clucking and cooing during the day, but mostly we would forget they were there until their rooster heralded the dawn. The chickens are gone now, likely a tasty dinner for a fox or coyote... and we have to get our eggs from a different vendor. I call this Rhode Island Red "Chaunticleer" from The Canterbury Tales.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Unknown said...

that is a fabulous rooter postcard! Would you consider trading with me? I'd be happy to send you one of my "bamboo" or "turtle soup" postcards in exchange. Let me know. Aloha!

Norma Schlager said...

Your postcards are beautiful! Love your rooster and hummingbird. Do you ever sell them framed? That's what some of us do and you can get a lot more money for them. Good luck with your open studio.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Did you do that rooster??? AWESOME!!!!!...... I'm thinking of getting a small chicken coop - wondering if I'm crazy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails