Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Prayer Flag Project Day 26: Birds

Each Sunday's theme so far has been taken from a hymn, and this one is stretching it a bit, but let's just say I used the words of the song to my advantage...

I will lift you up on eagle's wings ... and hold you in the palm of my hand.

I do like the imagery in that refrain, and know that the song is a favorite of many in my husband's family.  My prayer is that we recognize the fragile among us and give them hope, safety, and stability. 

The flag is made from linen, upholstery scraps and a used dryer sheet.  The words of the hymn's refrain are written with the sewing machine in beige thread, and are barely readable.  The feather is not of an eagle, but a hairy woodpecker which met its demise near my backyard bird feeder.  "Learn what is being done in your state for the protection of birds, and do something to help" is the message on the tag.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails