Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Prayer Flag Project Day 20: Play Time

Today's prayer is for play time this summer for our children.  According to recent government statistics, in the last 30 years, the incidence of childhood obesity has tripled to 15%, and is still on the rise.  There are two primary reasons for this increase:  our children eat too much, and are not getting the exercise that they need.  I pray that all parents take a good hard look at their own habits and choices (me included!), and make a change for the sake of their children.  This summer, I pray that our children get outside, swim at a real beach, toss a ball in an unstructured game, pedal their bikes around safe neighborhoods, play tag with the fire flies, and sit around a campfire.  I pray for kids to be kids.

This flag is made of a salvaged linen doily set that had been embroidered but never completely finished on the edges.  The tag reads, "1.  Know how to play at least one game" and was snipped from a vintage Girl Scout handbook.

4 comments:

donna!ee said...

so lovely & uncomplicated...surely makes me smile. big fan of your blog and yo-yo's, thank you much for sharing! :)

sandra said...

I so love all the prayer flags! I cut out two to start on today and am so inspired by yours. Happy Summer!

Donna Becker said...

Yikes! This message really hit home. I can't remember the last time I just played. So much of my activity seems to be purposeful, to accomplish some task. Hmmm ... I'll have to mull this over a bit.
Thanks for the message!

Unknown said...

Very inspiring
Thanks for sharing

Related Posts with Thumbnails